Start Developing your SkillSet 26th Jan 2013 - Report

All reports about trips and events
waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Start Developing your SkillSet 26th Jan 2013 - Report

Post by waqmaster »

considering the short notice, 6 drivers met up at 9am at al khatim adnoc, the trip was posed to be a skills development trip and believe we met the objective. We worked to develop the skills in our more experienced drivers and looked to develop confidence in some of newer drivers.

It was nice drive with great company. after nice drive we bid goodby to andy, muzz. sam and Desert_storm at al khazna. MLC and I continued to al khatim in style :D

im fully recharged for the work week ahead!

Scotchyl - thanks for the excellent second lead!
Muzzamills - huge improvement, you were in the drivers seat it was all you.
desert_storm - per usual very cool
Mrs. MLC - totally impressed with your driving.
Sam - again excellent communication!

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Start Developing your SkillSet 26th Jan 2013 - Report

Post by scotchyl »

Waqar, thanks for announcing the trip, very much glad i checked the site late last night.

The dunes were fantastic and a great mix of technical and spice to get that blood pumping.

Thanks for the chance of the second lead,definitely picked up a couple of new tips that improved the drive for sure and where not to park :lol: (nice view though)

Great to drive with you guys again, Sam, Mrs MLC, Mr MLC, Desert Storm and Muzzamils.

Look forward to the next adventure.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

Great trip and nice to see everyone learn a few new skills.

The dash to Al Khatim was in real MAFIA style!!! I loved it and I too am fully recharged with adrenaline to deal with whatever the work week has in store!

Can't wait till next weekend!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

Saif1
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Saif1 »

Definitely this trip made my last & even my coming week :D
I was about to loose the hope to join any trip this week but I was lucky not to give up & checked the website yesterday evening to find the surprise :lol:
As usual there is always something to learn when following that black car with its Skillful Jokey riding it ;)
Thanks Sam for being around & as usual the trip is not a complete one without your presence :boss: :okie:
MLC (family), Muzamils & Andy: hope to be with all of you in the same convoy soon ;)
Saif
Prado SWB V6

"Leadership cannot be given... It must be Earned... It cannot be taken... You loose it by lack of performance"

muzammils

Post by muzammils »

A Huge THANK YOU to Waqar for arranging this trip. What a Trip! This turned out to be a mixture of driving and coaching. I think we should call it Newbie Workshop or Skillset developing bootcamp! I was able to do some maneuvering that I never thought I would be able to do. All credit goes to the one and only WAQAR and our quintessential Sam both of whom make things so easy to learn and and take their time to explain
It was great company. Waqar and Dr. Kishwar, Mr and Mrs MLC, Andy, Sam and Ahmed -- YOU ALL ROCK!!.

Can't wait to see you all again!

Muzammils
Nissan Patrol SWB

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

What a great way to finish the wonderful long weekend. It was really lovely to drive with everyone today and I was very impressed by the ability of all to learn something new - even me! Each and every trip I do with the club allows me to learn or develop my skills no matter what the level.

Thanks Waqmaster for leading us in and out of the desert in true style. The track was wonderful and the weather couldnt have been better. Thanks also to your passenger.

Thanks to Scotchyl for a fab second lead with nice instructions to the convoy.

MLC (Mr) - as always, you drove very well. Thanks for sweeping.

MLC (Mrs) - you need your own login! You did so well today and I loved how you control Yusufi. Keep up the great work.

Desert Storm - always a pleasure to drive with you and today was no exception. You have grasped that power without momentum means not a lot and I really liked how you stuck to the track, were not over confident and drove really nicely.

And finally, Muzz. You did so well today and am really impressed by your staying power and your keeness to learn and develop. Although I know you felt challenged by some of the things we did today, with the expert guidance of Waqar (and the rest of the group) you not only managed to do everything, but you managed to get better and better each time you did it. Keep up the great work Muzz. So happy to see you out with us today in your Bling-Bling. :lol:

Thanks again everyone, and thanks for the help when I needed it. Have a great week and work, and just think, only a few days until we can be back in the sand again.

Sam
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128