Take it easy in Sweihan – Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

All arrived at the meeting point - ON TIME :okk:

At the deflation we had a short special briefing for our two “First Timers” but everybody “attended” this briefing.

After the briefing for the trip we started floating over the dunes. The weather was windy, sandy and chilly. The tricky task was finding the right track suitable for all drivers in the convoy. But everybody managed well in respect to the grade.

On a normal off road manned there was a second attempt here and a stuck there but we reached the desert rose restaurant just in time to stop for the break and prayer.

After the break with some extra energy we were given the chance for practicing a pop out – a big thank you to the volunteer.

The track took us back to civilisation were we all reached safe and sound – just on time.

I enjoyed the trip with you and hope to see you soon back in the sand – somewhere.

Cheers
Uristier

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Nice meeting you guys at the inflation :)
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Abdul Qadir
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Take it easy in Sweihan – Trip Report

Post by Abdul Qadir »

Marshal Urister missed your trip, hope to follow you an other day in desert.

The way we see the problem is the problem.

boklyne
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by boklyne »

We have spent a very nice day, accompanying our friends Kikitour to introduce us in your club.
A bit frustrating not to drive, so back home we immediately registered on site and will now scrutinize for the first newbe opportunity.
Thanks to Urs for his welcome and expertise, and to Daniel who took me aboard his nice jeep.
See you soon
Evelyne & René
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
050 659 53 64

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Fox »

It was a nice trip with a lot of action, starting off on wet sand, I could feel how
much power this absorbed. Urs' goal came true: All cars that go in, will also go
out. Little cosmetics do not count.
Thank you Urs, thanks to all who were on the trip, and hope to see you all again soon.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

desert_hawk wrote:Nice meeting you guys at the inflation :)
Hey Mo and Andy, nice to meet you guys too...:)
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

First of all a big thanks to URS for providing us the opportunity to practice skills...URS you can teach anyone to offroad in the desert and within minutes :)

Thanks to Wolle for his amazing recovery skills, khaluf thanks for excellent second lead, Fox - it was great to follow you, although I was a bit slow (it must be tyre pressure or i guess I was relaxing a bit too much - to URS consternation) :mrgreen: :twisted:

Cristen70 it was great driving with you, do speak to Marwan on the FJ rear shock extension issue and let me know what he says.

danhattam, Fox, Voy & Kiki thanks for your guidance on the camera, i got off to a good start with film production :mrgreen:

Ytlim, Ismail great driving for first timers guys, especially since the sand was not at all easy yesterday. Ytlim, the FJ is a wild horse, learn to harness that power buddy ;) :lol:, i got a nice pic of you which i will share.

Toufiq - Great to see you in the sand, you have a superior car, we need to see you more often. See if you can resolve the bumper issue and you are done...the more you drive the more you learn. As quoted by a very famous Marshal - The Stars dont make a driver, the driver makes the stars...:D

10 Ismail Rouchdi..055 300 46 93
11 eguilhamon......056 687 92 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Edited for more pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Voy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Voy »

Thank you for this trip.
Great to meet familiar people and to onboard new comers.
Thanks Mosalf for sharing pictures.
Cheers,
Voy

KikiTour
Advanced
Advanced

Post by KikiTour »

Thank you Urs for this cool afternoon !

Cool, yes but also cold ... I got a cold ;-)

Nevermind, see you soon
KikiTour

danhattam

Post by danhattam »

Thanks all, nice people, nice trip.

ytlim

Post by ytlim »

Many thanks to Urs for the great guidance and to everybody else on the trip for helping this newbie get out of tricky sandy situations. Special thanks to Mosalf for the really nice pics of me with the FJ stuck in sand. Its only on sand that you truly discover the power of your vehicle (including whether it can fly!). Unfortunately I don't have many pictures to share - spending my time stressed over when the vehicle will next get stuck in sand.

Hope to see you all again on a desert trip!

The Toufiq

Post by The Toufiq »

It was a pleasure and delight to have come back to the desert. Urs was my first marshal back in Y10 and glad to be in his convoy after almost 2 years. Cant wait to be back..
I am getting my front bumper fixed at Ramy and should be getting my All new looking Patrol. The performance of Patrol is amazing but little disappointed with the really low City Bumber.
Christine thanks soo much to speak to Sameer, he assured a fine job with the car. Mosalf, great to meet you and fantastic pics.
And so to the rest of the guys, it was great track, great weather and fine people.
See you soon fellows
Toufiq
Just Glide[flash=][/flash]

wolle
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wolle »

Hallo to all

and thanks to Urs for the nice trip, and the perfect timeing. But please the next time can we have a table inside :lol: the desert rose restaurant ? The weather was not the only fun we had to face, also turned out that I did not have enough jackets with me. But sweeping keept me warm :mrgreen:

I hope every body Enjoyed the trip as much as I did, nice to met you all, all the best

Wolle