Al Khazna to Sweihan 4th Jan 2012 - Report

All reports about trips and events
waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

Fog had settled in early in the morning along the whole highway and around sweihan area. We waited it out a bit in a tea shop and some in the dunes, at around 9.30am the fog lifted and we started the drive towards al khatim

The whole group did really well with some challenges and second tries is between. A couple of stucks and two pop outs (one including me) and a fast drive summed up the day.

We reach al khatim just in time for Friday prayer. Thankyou all for always keeping safety first!

Astroburn
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Al Khazna to Sweihan 4th Jan 2012 - Report

Post by Astroburn »

Thanks for a great trip!

Nice route with a nice group of people and as always Waqar you lead a good trip.

Even with the inconvenience of the fog and starting out late the we motored through the sand. My passenger enjoyed himself and I think he developed a blister or two holding on :twisted: .

Thanks again and see you in the sand again soon!
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Astroburn wrote:
My passenger enjoyed himself and I think he developed a blister or two holding on :twisted:
LOLZ, that says it all about the speed of the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

We braved through the fog to reach the meeting point on time (stupid o'clock as it turned out due to the unexpected THICK fog)!!

The extended briefing at the tea shop was really nice and also the pre-drive 'break' in the desert, waiting for the fog to lift.

And then, we hit the sand! It was tricky in the beginning as the sand was hard and wet on top (almost like a crust) and powder underneath! But once we got to the bigger dunes and the sun had finally found its way up, the fun really went up many notches. It's been a while since we did a fast-paced trip like this and Yusufi decided he wanted to be driven mostly in 5th gear! Everyone did very well and the demonstration stucks and pop-outs added to the fun and learning. The best thing was that in spite of the fast pace, safety was always taken into account and kept on top priority.

Sean : great to meet you and to have you just in front of me at the very back of the convoy.

Ahmad: i really like your open top TJ! And the way it growls!

Abid: good to see you in the sand after a long time - the front bumper of that Xterra is amazing!

Ehab: as usual a pleasure to drive with you!

Sam: you're always the life of the party!

Waqar: what would we ever do without these trips and the final dash to (just in the nick of time!) catch the Friday prayers?!!!

I had a great day and so did the Home Minister - we need to do more of these fast-paced trips this season....

Waqar, do you get the hint???? Al ........ !!!!! :mrgreen:
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

-V-
Marshal
Marshal

Post by -V- »

Thank you for the nice trip. It was very fast paced that my low gear 6th speed wasn't even enough!
Nice seeing u all again. ;)

Abed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abed »

Great trip with great people, so fast that my passenger got dizzy, she was wishing for some one to get stuck so she could have a break :lol: .
Thank you Waqar, Sam, MLC, Ahmed, Ehab and Astroburn for an amazing company.
Hope to do it again.
Mustafa Abed
Nissan Xterra
00971-55-8003609
Trip counter: 197

Ihab
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ihab »

Amazing trip with Waqar as usual and amazing amazing group members , a lot of techniques I learned mixed with a lot of fun . you made our day man . many thanks to all of you. :D

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Early morning start and we were stuck in the fog. It was nice to take some tea and sit and chit chat until Marshal W decided it was safe enough to move. The track was like treacle ! The wet sand with its crust acted like a sticking agent and then you broke through to the soft sand that wanted to spit you out - this meant that all of us had to up the ante for our driving - which we did.

The route was great and with a few second tries from most people, a pop out from Waqar and also one from me, and a couple of stucks, we ended our dash from Sweihan to Al Khatim just in the nick of time for people to catch Friday prayer.

As always, lovely driving with Waqar and thanks MLC for sweeping. Thanks to everyone else who made it a great morning in the sand. We need more of this trips.....right :D

See you in the sand soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128