Short Notice Newbie 28.Dec.2012 - Report

All reports about trips and events
waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

Whenever i do newbie trips i follow in the foot steps of our late Marshal Banna (May he be granted a place in heaven).

So we met up at Mahawi Petrol station at 8.30am, i was a bit late as i forgot to pack my flag. All fueled and ready to go we headed to Al Faya.

After deflating, quick introductions and briefing we started driving with Desert_Dawg as my second lead and scotchyl sweeping with Sam floating around.

All our newbies did really well who tackled one obstacle after the other, who never broke convoy order, who learnt to support their fellow newbies.

I had good fun and hope you guys have learnt something new.

desert_dawg, thanks for the supportive second lead.
Mrs.MLC - great work done! youve got the hang of it now
akhateeb, love your gadget IPAD and lovely pics, do send us the link. Hope you made is safly to the afternoon drive. I saw a lot of improvement in your driving, keep it up!
floyddsouza, you handled your LC really well and glad you stayed on all fours :)
NID, seeing you handle jayne's car so nicely was lovely, do come out more often.
RDX, great seeing you out again, remember first mod is removing mud flaps lol, good driving.
scotchyl - thanks for the sweeps.
Sam - allways good to have your watchful eye on our newbies and and imsure the tips you give them make them better drivers.

PS:
MLC - GREAT DAY OUT!
Bio - GREAT DAY OUT!
desert_dawg - GREAT DAY OUT!

Be Safe,

Waqar

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

waqmaster wrote: PS:
MLC - GREAT DAY OUT!
Bio - GREAT DAY OUT!
I know what does that mean :twisted: ;)
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Short Notice Newbie 28.Dec.2012 - Report

Post by tillybean »

What a lovely trip report Waq. I loved the place you picked and its been a while since I did a trip from there. I too thought about our beloved Banna.

Back to our convoy. I was really impressed with the levels of driving I saw and was happy to see that all the instructions were followed and the great fun that everyone had as their confidence grew and they tried new challenges. The route was great with enough to keep everyone very happy and end the morning with huge grins on their faces. I loved the debrief with everyone in the Chicken shop :lol:

So nice to drive with:
Waq - you always have nice routes ready and provide strong and confident leadership to all with much instruction and support. Always a pleasure to drive with you.
Scotchyl - great sweeping and recoveries. You really have it sussed now and am keen to see you do more.
Desert Dawg - a morning with you and Frankie is always a good one and to see you get in and out of the sand with a smile on your face was great. All your efforts into Frankie seem to be paying off. Way to go.
Ffloyd, NID, RDX and akhateeb - excellent driving all morning guys. You clearly had listened and were happy to be out in the sand. Well done to you all.
Mrs MLC - you need to get your own nickname!! First time driving with you and you did really well. You handled the car like you have always been driving it and watching you crest with ease was lovely. Keep it up....and soon you will need your own "Yusuffi" !!
MLC - you were a good passenger! :lol:

Again, thanks to everyone for a lovely morning. Really happy to spend time with my AD4x4 family. Looking forward to the pictures.

See you soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

What a great morning out in the sand.

The opportunity to sit back, relax and enjoy the pleasures of desert driving, with great leadership, keen drivers and 110% fun and smiles is the perfect way to start a weekend.

Thank you waqar for the opportunity for sweeping and to be honest i had a very quiet time as everyone did exceptionally well. There were some nice challenges on the track which everyone handled with such ease and following instructions and guidance, confidence grew with each dune.

The sand was very soft in places and as such everyone was alert to this and the odd stuck was easily resolved with little effort and a super strength marshall :lol:

Waq - thanks for a great track, its been a while since i was in this area and lovely drive. great guidance.
Sam - thanks for keeping an eye on everyone and our chats at the back. i think you enjoyed the drive 8-)
DD - such a great sight to see you and frankie working as a team and enjoying the drive so much. so glad you are enjoying the trips now. a labour of passion has paid off for sure.
Ffloyd, NID, RDX and akhateeb - well done to you all, it was a pleasure to drive with you all and my lack of activity was down to some great driving from start to finish.
Mrs MLC - well done on your driving, very impressed with your driving of yusufi and knowing its a manual has its added challenges which handled very well indeed.
Mr MLC - maybe a new ride in the near future (or at least diary management for Yusufi (:roll: :lol: :twisted: )

I will edit the video I took and share with the trip members once its done (it wont go on the forum or FB)

Once again thanks all for the drive.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

DesertDawg
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by DesertDawg »

PS:
MLC - GREAT DAY OUT!
Bio - GREAT DAY OUT!
Unbelievable GREAT DAY OUT. Waqar - you are the Master and truly tested us. I am still trying to stop grinning.

:dance2: :dance2: :dance2:
Travelling in my truck...

NID

Post by NID »

i don't know what to say really after all these nice posts.
i am truly happy to join such a nice club with great family like culture.
after my 2 trips with desert hawk, i though that i wanna do trips with him only, but it was his advise to try more trips with different marshals. so i did, and i can understand why. (MLC /RDX i appreciate your choice and advice)

Waqar: thanks a lot for the nice trip and for the customized lesson. i guess i will stick to 4H from now on. :) i am looking forward for more trips with you.
Sam: as usual, thanks for keeping an eye on us and for the dozen of advises. i think its not only about the advice you give, it is also how you give it. (such a great motivator )
scotchyl: thanks for the tips and the support, (pleasure knowing you)

DD, ffloyd, akhateeb it was a pleasure knowing you and a pleasure driving with you. You were great, i also learnt from you while watching you driving at the back.

finally i have to thank my great bodies MLC and RDX (the Damanian wonderful team). you are the best
Rajesh thanks for nagging so i can join the trip. i needed it.
Mr. & Mrs MLC , you were the flavor of this trip , i guess you need another car :D for future

see you all soon
cheers

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

Another great day in the sand, albeit the first half was as passenger since Mrs. MLC (who by the way did a custom ANIT in LIWA!!!) decided to do the newbie trip in the driving seat (with some egging on from Waqar!!!)

I must admit she did well despite my constant nagging - doctors are not only bad patients; they are also bad passengers! :lol:

Mrs. MLC (who does indeed need her own nickname now) was thrilled and would like to thank everyone for a great trip and all the support she received from everyone.

Mr. MLC (that would be me!) is now worried as he may either have to buy a new Jeep or fix up a rota for Yusufi!

Everyone drove really well and Waqar (as usual) chose a great track that gradually introduced new levels of difficulty as everyone gained a bit more confidence. Not your usual newbie trip I might say!

As for the comments around the 'GREAT DAY OUT' now that is another story and Desert Hawk understood exactly what we were referring to! I suppose you could call it the 'after party' - a dash of four cars from Al Khatim to Sweihan! The only way to describe it is 'AMAZING' and like Desert Dawg, I am still grinning!

Yusufi had some problems with sudden losses of power in the bowl and also whilst trying to climb a large dune, so today was spent at WM! There was also a problem with a low fuel warning despite there being a quarter of a tank left. The good Doctor Amin aka Kermitt thinks it was asthma ( i.e. clogged air filter) but we also had terrible wheel vibrations which have been sorted with alignment and balancing from SuperCarz. I still have to watch the fuel problem, but at the end of the day, I guess it's just a 'Jeep thing'!!!

Till next week!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Post by scotchyl »

MLC wrote:but at the end of the day, I guess it's just a 'Jeep thing'!!!
you got it spot on, the experience would not be the same if we did not drive them.

Japanese cars, where is the fun in them always being okay............
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

scotchyl wrote:
MLC wrote:but at the end of the day, I guess it's just a 'Jeep thing'!!!
you got it spot on, the experience would not be the same if we did not drive them.

Japanese cars, where is the fun in them always being okay............

Japanese cars, where is the fun in them always being okay............ :) :mrgreen:

I missed the trip but enjoyed reading the report so much, I am going to pester Waqar to have another newb soon and possibly ask Muzzammils to join us as well.

Hope his "corniche drive" with MLC :twisted: went well.
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

floyddsouza
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by floyddsouza »

What a great trip! It was everything I expected and Waqar - everyone I met said, "you have to go on a trip with Waqar" and I'm glad I did.

Can't wait for another!

Thanks for the great conversation and I truely enjoyed my time with all of you'll!

Floyda
2010 Land Cruiser, ARB suspension lift kit

Trips counter:
Intermediate (2), Newbie(6), ANIT (3 - Introducing new members)

Zayed Ali Capitano

Post by Zayed Ali Capitano »

DesertDawg wrote:
PS:
MLC - GREAT DAY OUT!
Bio - GREAT DAY OUT!
Unbelievable GREAT DAY OUT. Waqar - you are the Master and truly tested us. I am still trying to stop grinning.

:dance2: :dance2: :dance2:
who is Bio ??? and how many Bio's do we have :!: :!: :!:

good that you enjoined guys :D :D

night
My Life .... My Rules
Total trips: from 17/02/2012 up to date = 102trips(mashallah)

Zayed Ali Capitano

NID wrote:i don't know what to say really after all these nice posts.
i am truly happy to join such a nice club with great family like culture.
after my 2 trips with desert hawk, i though that i wanna do trips with him only, but it was his advise to try more trips with different marshals. so i did, and i can understand why. (MLC /RDX i appreciate your choice and advice)

Waqar: thanks a lot for the nice trip and for the customized lesson. i guess i will stick to 4H from now on. :) i am looking forward for more trips with you.
Sam: as usual, thanks for keeping an eye on us and for the dozen of advises. i think its not only about the advice you give, it is also how you give it. (such a great motivator )
scotchyl: thanks for the tips and the support, (pleasure knowing you)

DD, ffloyd, akhateeb it was a pleasure knowing you and a pleasure driving with you. You were great, i also learnt from you while watching you driving at the back.

finally i have to thank my great bodies MLC and RDX (the Damanian wonderful team). you are the best
Rajesh thanks for nagging so i can join the trip. i needed it.
Mr. & Mrs MLC , you were the flavor of this trip , i guess you need another car :D for future

see you all soon
cheers
excellent report man ... keep it up ..and very happy that you was happy with our professional guys

night
My Life .... My Rules

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

thank you for the kind words, i have learnt from an eclectic group of marshal....and there a lot of marshals in the club whom you should experience.

(addressed to trip participants) not you Zayed ;)
Last edited by waqmaster on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zayed Ali Capitano

waqmaster wrote:thank you for the kind words, i have learnt from an eclectic group of marshal....and there a lot of marshals in the club whom you should experience.
yes, my dear Waqmaster

and yes i will do .. i love learning till my last min. in my life :oops: :oops: ;) ;) ;)
learning is a must for evey body my dear .. this is what i believe ;) ;) ;) ;)
My Life .... My Rules

NID

Post by NID »

thanks Zayed, i only wrote what i truly felt. :)
hope to meet you as well, in one of the trips.
cheers