REPORT - Dubai - PM Trip on 14th Dec

All reports about trips and events
Serge
Advanced
Advanced

REPORT - Dubai - PM Trip on 14th Dec

Post by Serge »

On the way to meeting point, I met Bob (White X) and Waleed … had a short chat and moved towards our meeting point, that was few km further. Almost all was on time. Bado had to cancel due to lack of time to get there. Thanks for notification.

So once al met, refilled, had some snacks, we moved towards sandpit entrance. We had no luck with first entrance due to lots of farm and fence, so we got back onroad and moved another 10 min to second entrance. Deflate, flags up, fuses out, briefing and move into the dunes – a total of 4 cars, so we had quite a nice pace with no stucks. After half of planned distance was covered, Tamers Pajero decided to nag. A little mech problems, yet it was on move, with little tik tik coming from the front axle shaft – sorry for your car mate. I hope it gets better soon (always keep an eye on seals).

So decision was to take Tamer back on road. Another 10-12km of drive, easy and mostly Sabkha, and Pajero was saved.

So we are now 3 cars… but still with lots of energy to keep up. So straight line of 24km towards our planned destination.. and 2 hours before dark… Well dark cant stop us, so lets do it all decided.

With a nice fast and technical drive in small dunes… then I decided to get stuck in a mixture of soft and wet sand. With a help of 4 shovels, a little push, a little pull, and 30 minutes of efforts and team work, Jeep was released.

We kept on towards bigger dunes, where we had lots on nice scenic drive, with some logs slipfaces and longer climbs. Everyone did really well! All kept following in a safe way with mind, and not a pedal to the floor.

On one of the dunes the sad was un-expectedly soft. And resulted in a very uncomfortable stuck. Thanks to Stas and Voy for guiding from the outside and staying calm.

So finally we had enough of ride and all tired, started to move towards the BBQ Spot… we could not make it to Waleeds BBQ spot, due to some motion sickness in our team…

So we had to stop 3.7 km away. Where we started our BBQ, Fire and lovely chat 

Later in the night Waleed have joined us and we kept enjoying the time with some extra food and stories.

By 23:30 we started to move back, with short and easy night drive. Where everyone did great!

Thanks everyone for joining!

I had amazing time, hope everyone else did as well!

See you soon!

Serge
Mobile: 055 222 71 70
Other Hobby: HAM Radio - A65BU

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Re: REPORT - Dubai - PM Trip on 14th Dec

Post by Waleed »

It was really nice to meet you guys , enjoyed the chat and shisha . see you all soon :lol:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

KikiTour
Advanced
Advanced

Post by KikiTour »

Many thanks from Jeep blue !

She deserves a small break for Xmas... See You all soooooon !
KikiTour

Stas
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Stas »

Sergey, thanks for an interesting trip!
I was glad to get acquainted with KiKiTour, again to meet with the Waleed