Report: Find Your Way v2.0 14/12/2012

All reports about trips and events
desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Any day with friends is ought to be a good day, add to that the spirit of skilled offroaders, the day is granted to be great.

All met on time and was ready to leave the deflation point at 8, from there everyone got allocated about 45 min with 5 min group feedback, I was the passenger of each leader on his turn, where a one to one chat about track choice and other tips and tricks were exchanged when time allows during the drive without distracting the drivers.

The aim of this drive is not to drive from point A to B, but to choose the right track that is suitable for the group, add to it challenges accordingly, all succeeded in their own way in that.

Grizzly started the lead with a good choice of track and variety of skills, your trip definitely benefited you and I enjoyed the FJ from the passenger seat, thanks for the sand shower :P
Abu Ghazi, good improvement in choice of track and good team leading, the caring of your team is a rare skill that you will be praised for it always, well done, and thanks for the donuts, and for the sand shower :P
Ihab, good track choice and elegant driving as usual, sure there is more to come, thanks for the sand shower :P
Nautibean, I'm really impressed, couple of advices and you played the game as if this wasn't your 1st time, everyone enjoyed your track, especially me, and BTW, you were the only one who didn't give me a sand shower at all.
Scotchyl, great improvement from last time and good self confidence, nice technical areas you picked, bravo, no real shower, just a small one :P

The communication through the trip was satisfactory, but we aim for perfection.

The difficult part for me and everyone was when I had to tell the leader that time is up to give the lead to the next one.

Great performance at the big bowel, you all rocked it.

Couple of recoveries, few self recoveries, and some pushing and digging where the marshal became useful for a change in this trip ;)

Everyone got his share of the group feedback and mine ;) , hope I wasn't harsh with anyone, constructive feedback can always be used to refine better skills.

Now it's your turn to talk about your experience, how was it?!

Great day indeed, till next time, drive safe.
Last edited by desert_hawk on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Report: Find Your Way v2.0 14/12/2012

Post by scotchyl »

thank you DH for arranging the trip and for such a great group to be on it, you guys all made the trip what it was, a truly memorable day in the desert and a great learning experience.

There is so much to take away from the trip, not just from my chance to lead, but also following everyone else and then hearing all the feedback which i thought was a huge benefit and certainly gives you extra pointers for your own driving.

The pace was great with a real mixture of slopes, ridges and crests and some fun technical areas so we were able to do 65km in the time (may post map later once downloaded) and that included coffee breaks and Do'nuts (thank you abu ghazi).

Thanks for finding the bowl, at last I gave it a go and although the first try was lacking something and a quick change of approach and some pointers and voila, no problems. thanks for the advice guys, it paid off for sure and videos look great as do the photographs.

There was a true mixture of dunes, tracks and driving to be done which was great and the changing weather from clear skies to overcast and some rain, was certainly an extra something to keep in mind as sand became more muddy on the surface with the soft sand underneath.

it was great to meet up with Juergen's trip just before they departed and to see them off into the dunes, hope trip was good, looked good from our vantage point (I have a few photos of you passing by).

Thanks to all for such a great day, I really enjoyed all the leads and was a pleasure to drive with you all., look forward to the next chance to join you for sure.

(i think i may owe someone a sand shower though) and apologies DH for the Jeep suspension, its no where near as comfortable as the FJ. :lol:
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Report edited after recalling events :twisted:
FJCRUISER

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

nautibean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by nautibean »

DH,

Thank you for inviting me and giving me an amazing opportunity to learn yesterday.

The idea of a lead and sweep organised as it was yesterday is really fantastic as we all had the opportunity to learn from different Driving/ leading styles and are able to improve based on the constructive feedback we receive. I really hope there will be more of these. Even my opinion was allowed ;)

Perfect weather, good company, donuts... All made for a great day out.

Ihab, abu ghazi, scotchyl, & grizzly, thanks for ur patience during my lead. Still waiting feedback on my lead.... Lol

DH, thanks for braving to be my passenger and all your expert tips and guidance. It really helped give me the confidence to do more than i ever expected :) i even tried the big bowl twice ;)

See you all in the sand soon.

Dh, youll get your sandshower soon :)
Apolitical

Abu Ghazi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abu Ghazi »

First of all I would like to express my appreciation to Mo who does not save any effort to put all of his experience between our hands in order to learn the right way, he even left his car by the main road & sacrifice the fun he really enjoys just to be our passenger & give us immediate advices based on the situations we were in, so thanks a lot DH :ty:

In my early stages in the club I thought that the advanced level is the level where you only learn the advanced driving technics, but that's not all, & I discovered that in this level it is where you have the chance to learn how to lead a group of people, chose the right level, also chose the right track not just follow, watch up for your group & keep them together, communication with the group & most of all the above to let people enjoy the trip in the safest way.

Yesterday trip was so amazing & I liked each and every lead done & the different styles of each driver, I also noticed the big improvement we all made after the last lead & sweep trip, the feedback part was very important for us to know where we need to improve our leading skills, sorry Mel & Andrew for leaving before giving my feedback, you have the right for that & it's never too late, so here u go ;-)

Nautibean: I really enjoyed your leading part where you took us to nice areas between the high dunes which was close to each other & you managed to find your way, just a small tip, it is very important to communicate a possible threat like jumping on the other side of a dune & give information to the rest of the group on what to expect ;-)

Scotchyl: great lead mate with very good communication to the group on how to handle the technical areas, just remember to keep your convoy together. Am really sorry I couldn't stay to complete your lead, but I promise to do next time :-)

Grizzly & Ihab: you already hear my feedback.

It was a pleasure to say hi to Jurgen's group it's been a long time since I saw most of you.

Last but not least thanks for everybody for the nice morning we spent together my passenger Saqer was impressed of the club & he liked the company, the real nice thing is when ever I brought a passenger with me I always get a smiler positive feedback about how friendly the people are & how the club is organized.

Wish everybody a great week & hope to see you soon.
Trips counter:
Old rules: ANIT (1+2 as assistant), Newbie (14), Intermediate (13) One Liwa,
New rules: ANIT (2 as assistant), Newbie (2), Intermediate (9), Advance (7) One Liwa
Trips led:
New rules: Newbie (0), Intermediate (5), Advance (0)

Abed
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Re: Report: Find Your Way v2.0 14/12/2012

Post by Abed »

Abu Ghazi wrote:First of all I would like to express my appreciation to Mo who does not save any effort to put all of his experience between our hands in order to learn the right way, he even left his car by the main road & sacrifice the fun he really enjoys just to be our passenger & give us immediate advices based on the situations we were in, so thanks a lot DH :ty:
Sent from my Note 2 using tapatalk 2
Mustafa Abed
Nissan Xterra
00971-55-8003609
Trip counter: 197

nautibean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by nautibean »

@ Abu Ghazi - Thank you for the feedback, but more importantly THANK YOU for the donuts :)

pictures posted http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 465&type=1
Apolitical

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

nautibean wrote:@ Abu Ghazi - Thank you for the feedback, but more importantly THANK YOU for the donuts :)

Very nice pics Mel, thanks
FJCRUISER

Ihab
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ihab »

It was amazing day with a creative idea came from our Marshal Mo. This opportunity is really unique whereas I learned a lot of techniques from the lead of our experts advance drivers . all of them are perfect with spirit of cooperation and self confidence . the discussion and the feedback after each drive was very useful. It is adding value to know our weaknesses in order to avoid it in future plus to know our powerful to feel proud with what we did . I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you and wish to see you all soon. :D

Abu Ghazi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abu Ghazi »

nautibean wrote:@ Abu Ghazi - Thank you for the feedback, but more importantly THANK YOU for the donuts :)

You are most welcome, I also liked your pics too, soon you will be a professional photographer :mrgreen:
Trips counter:
Old rules: ANIT (1+2 as assistant), Newbie (14), Intermediate (13) One Liwa,
New rules: ANIT (2 as assistant), Newbie (2), Intermediate (9), Advance (7) One Liwa
Trips led:
New rules: Newbie (0), Intermediate (5), Advance (0)

Grizzly
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Grizzly »

Thank you D_H for the amazing trip and for giving us the chance to learn different driving skills.

We all had the chance to learn a lot by following different drivers with different cars.

The 5 minutes break after each lead and the feedback was a great

In every single detail the trip was amazing with great people thank you Nautibean, Scotchyl, Abu Ghzi and Ihabe

DH, thanks for being our passenger during our lead it really helped give us tips and advises

Hope tp see you all in the sand soon.

D_H and Scotchyl hope you enjoy the sand shower :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
FJCRUISER
"STRAIGHT ROADS DO NOT MAKE SKILLFUL DRIVERS"

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Post by desert_hawk »

Thanks for your efforts Hani in the report :P ;)
FJCRUISER

Grizzly
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Grizzly »

Nice pictures
Thank you Nautibean :D :D
FJCRUISER

Grizzly
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Grizzly »

desert_hawk wrote:Thanks for your efforts Hani in the report :P ;)
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
FJCRUISER