Morning Coffee Trip – Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

Three confirmed members signed off and a „lost coffee lover” received instructions to a “personal” meeting point. But finally 24 tires had their pressure reduced.

After the briefing we started moving towards the morning coffee spot. After a recovery exercise, the rear recovery point of Ssunisafa’s Jeep was “unusably modified”. A “kimbo mambo” welding broke off making the rear recovery point unusable.

A couple of dunes later the forward recovery point was used to move an XTerra from an “unpractical” parking position. And auuuuutch and sh…. awarma – the forward recovery hook transformed itself within the blink of an eye into a projectile which was suddenly stopped by the XTerra’s bonnet. The kinetic energy punched a remarkable dint into the bonnet.

This was the end of Ssunisafa’s morning coffee trip but before saying good bye we stopped for the coffee break.

After the break it was time to say good bye to Ssunisafa. We continued on our “coffee route” toward Sweihan. A newly “installed” fence forced a “diversion” and sadly this was the end of the dune riding. We reached Sweihan met with Ssunisafa again and inflated the tires.

I sincerely hope the reporting to the police went well and the issue is settled. The incident showed that checking on the recovery points is vital. Don’t have recovery points made and installed by a “Kimbo Mambo workshop”.

See you next time in the dunes – with cars equipped with good and safe recovery points
Cheers

Abed
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Morning Coffee Trip – Report

Post by Abed »

Thank u uristier for the lovely early trip.

Sent from my Note 2 using tapatalk 2
Mustafa Abed
Nissan Xterra
00971-55-8003609
Trip counter: 197

khaluf
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by khaluf »

at times you see things in slow motion but still it is going too fast to react: main important thing no injury and all are safe and sound: Jeeps you can repair or scrap with emphasis on scrapping; still the morning had a good and nice sceenery start with misty and foggy sun rise: just wondering why urs picked the deflating point next to heaps of camel dung: must have his personal reasons : anyway nobody stayed around too long to deflate; the tips of dunes where nice and workable: our sweeper took up the challange to make them all flat: JBC is normally the working tool: in summary a good trip with a nice pace & good guys.

cheers & see you again

thierry

SuperMario
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by SuperMario »

was an early start for me coming from Dubai, driving at 4:30AM on Sheikh Zayed road going to AD made me wonder what I was doing!
when the fun starts after you hit the sand you understand what pushes you to join the convoy every friday.

I enjoyed the trip very much as well as meeting more members of the club. not good to see our new friend Ssunisafa leaving the convoy after he lost both recovery points, not good also to see the mark on Abed's Bonet, but at the same time I was happy that all of us went home safe and in good health.

Excellent trip with good challenges, thank you Urs and Mimoun.

SuperMario...
Ridha

newbie : 5 Intermediate: 6 Advanced: 1

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

URS - I can only say that my absence from your convoy was my loss entirely. I was looking forward to driving with you again since the last time was an adrenalin rush.

MOI and junior had other plans :(

To add to it, having Mamoun as the sweeper would have been a bonus. Alas, it was not to be. I can only request, I would like to go with you again. Please let us know whenever you do with NEWBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mamoun »

Thank you Urs for such a great trip, i enjoyed your track so much it was an amazing warp up for the afternoon advance drive

And sure thank you all for making the trip so joyful with your attandance, you all did great

Last but not least nice meeting all of you and hope to see you soon
+971509988737
Stock JKU

alezz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by alezz »

Mosalf wrote:URS - I can only say that my absence from your convoy was my loss entirely. I was looking forward to driving with you again since the last time was an adrenalin rush.
So and for me. I am really sad :(
Trips: ANIT(2), Newbie(18), Intermediate(14), GPS Hunt 2014
055 200 10 92

Putin = Hitler.v.2
Who is your friend you will know in disaster. And who is your foe also

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Dune_Phantom »

alezz wrote:
Mosalf wrote:URS - I can only say that my absence from your convoy was my loss entirely. I was looking forward to driving with you again since the last time was an adrenalin rush.
So and for me. I am really sad :(
Alezz,

Hope your car is ok for next week. My Bumper needs straightening as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D