Into the night Episode-II "The Revenge...Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Into the night Episode-II "The Revenge...Trip Report

Post by Doc »

Thought I would start the trip report before bulldozer does!!!

An excellent night with lots of great people (and at one point 16 cars), It was decided that we would change our leader every 15 minutes or so to give some variety to the drive and allow others to lead in the dark, Jo started the lead and found an excellent route, followed by myself with a technical drive that got JEEPS stuck a few times and then Chuck with a mad dash across anything he could get up as fast as he could leaving most of the group behind, Chuck found a great route and the few who managed to keep up had fun behind him, unfortunately due to a tire pop out way back in the group his lead was short lived, Chuck we will put you down for first lead next time.

there was however a few lessens to be learnt though, too many driver without radios who insisted in driving around all over the place causing a very near miss between two cars, it is imperative that people on night drives contain themselves and stick to the route and get a radio so they know when and where to stop.

A big thanks to Jo for arranging the night, I look forward to next weeks
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

Night Drives are just thrilling and yes we have to do this weekly, soon it will be our only option :cry:
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Moe, are night drives only open to Advanced and above? Just so I know if I have to get some more lights? Cheers mal
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

malpatt wrote:Moe, are night drives only open to Advanced and above? Just so I know if I have to get some more lights? Cheers mal
No Malpatt, its up for the leader to choose what level the nightdrive is, as for the lights please add more lights, summer is coming Night Drives will be all over the calendar :wink:
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Chevy Silverado Z71

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

It was fantastic trip, thanks every body and MORE LIGHTS ARE COMMING :twisted: :twisted:
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

k_almagboul

Post by k_almagboul »

thanks all of you, really it was nice and coooooooool this time and all time. we should plan one like this every week,

Chuck
thanks 4 keeping us behind you all the time. Man next time you lead I will drive F16, it’s the only way to catch you

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Thanks for that Moe, is there anywhere in AD to buy roof mounted ones for Wrangler or what do you suggest? Got to go Muscat beckons, pleased you all had a good drive, when I do join it will be another new experience. :lol:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

malpatt wrote:Thanks for that Moe, is there anywhere in AD to buy roof mounted ones for Wrangler or what do you suggest? Got to go Muscat beckons, pleased you all had a good drive, when I do join it will be another new experience. :lol:
you'll have to buy a Lightbar, i know a couple of shops around.
Chevy Silverado Z71

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

malpatt wrote:Thanks for that Moe, is there anywhere in AD to buy roof mounted ones for Wrangler or what do you suggest? Got to go Muscat beckons, pleased you all had a good drive, when I do join it will be another new experience. :lol:
Mal chk this post from Khaiwi

http://www.ad4x4.com/modules.php?name=F ... pic&t=1032
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Sorry for beeing late (only in writing the report)

Post by Jo »

Hey,
... 16 cars! Surfing the sand with desert legends (fabulous Fury-Team!!!). Wow!!!!

But iit was not all sunshine or should I say "moonshine" (no yanks here, so no-one will misunderstand 8) ). As Doc mentioned: it is imperative that people on night drives contain themselves and stick to the route and get a radio so they know when and where to stop

Additionally my decission to "play" the rotation-of-the-scout/leader game was not a wise one because of the number of the cars. For sure it is fun with only a handfull but 16 are toooo much for this 8O . I increased only the confusion. Sorry, I will improve :cry:

Anyway, I hope I did not scare away anybody and you all enjoyed the recovery lessons...

:hat:

P.S.: Somebody told me a new scary trip may come next Tuseday night: "Into the night Episode-III: The Chuck!!"

(Disclaimer: the titel of the trip is not intented to be offensive to anybody. It is completly based on virtual wording as result of the last Episode-II)
Last edited by Jo on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Fantastic trip and nice to see many participated.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

It seems that i missed alot of fun :lol:
Ihope that you enjoied your time, and see you next time (insha'allah)
Regards,
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Sorry for beeing late (only in writing the report)

Post by XJ »

:hat:

P.S.: Somebody told me a new scary trip may come next Tuseday night: "Into the night Episode-III: The Chuck!!"

(Disclaimer: the titel of the trip is not intented to be offensive to anybody. It is completly based on virtual wording as result of the last Episode-II)[/quote]

:newlol:

I really like the title, can not wait to go to that trip, Chuck my man get that strocker ready :mrgreen:
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Thanks JO, Thanks Doc.

The drive was really nice, the weather was great, and people were the best. I support the idea of making this a weekly day for night drives.

:dive:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Cybershot
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Cybershot »

Hey Guys

This was a really nice expirience for me and fun as fun can be.
Thank you Jo, that you take me with you, even as a newbie, and watch out, that i not get lost.

Mhhhh??? Chuck will lead the next trip? Ok, in need a Stroker!!!

What about this titel?
- Where the f..k is Chuck?
- Lost in the night.
- Die hard.

Tobias