Camping in Oman Trip report

All reports about trips and events
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Camping in Oman Trip report

Post by iguana »

Don't know what to say ... If this trip was with another group, I will say this was the worst trip in my life ... But come on .. we are AD4x4, people who can make any trip great.

We met at 11.30 .. I was late as I had to pick up my friend, Antrax and Amanda .. On the meeting point we met with Racha and XOF and we hot the road to Oman ... on the way we picked up Wael from Dubai (a friend of me and Racha) who came with his Lexus Saloon car.

Lovely drive through RAK to Oman ... Khasab Road was great and it was a really enjoyable drive ... We reached Oman around 4.00 p.m. ... Racha wnted to buy some Ice ... took us 30 minutes trying to find the Ice Factory .. No hope, so just drive to our camping area.

A 20 minutes drive through a rocky road to reach the camp .. The Lexus was following us like any 4x4 :roll: :roll: to the place ... Again, great drive ...

We reach the camp area around 5.00 and started to set our camp, streight to the beach for a swim and started our BBQ ...

The weather was soooo hot ... no breeze and we were suffering from the heat ... but ... enjoyed the gathering as we were all lauging and talking ..

12.00 was the start of the sleeping time ... we decided just to sleep with our swim suits out of the tents because the tent was like Sauna ... and outside was like steam room ... so the steam room was better ..

none of us slept all night ... But we all enjoyed the chat and jokes ..

Once the light started , we ofcourse decided to leave the place and hit back to Abu Dhabi for a clean shower and a good sleep

Coffee stops and changing drivers, we reached AD at 12.30 streight to the shower and bed

Thank Antrax ... yes the weather was hot but, we all enjoyed the company of our great family

Thank you everybody and no more camping till next October
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

off_Road

Post by off_Road »

it is not easy to sleep in the heat :x
but you don't have to wait untill october, there is an area called Al Jabel Al Akhthat ( green mountin) it is above 1000m level from sea...
the tempreture there in the day is nearly 26- 27, in the night less than 20 c...

http://www.nizwa.net/oman/explorer/plac ... ummer.html

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

After swimming u should hit the road to the mountains, as u said good company makes the trouble looks easy
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

the worst and the best

Post by Xof »

Worst ever??? maybe... too much heat and humidity to sleep, even the sea was hot... Bees, hornets and wasp for breakfast... Nearly no off road driving...

But if you look at the brigh side: the corniche and mountain roads were great fun (Iguana, you must go for a training in the french Alps!), the sceneries were amazing, but more than this, the company was as usual the best!

Family is for the worst and for the best... we stayed together in the worst (despite the idea of going for an hotel half an hour drive from the camp) and we enjoyed the best as usual!

Sorry to overtake you and leave you, but i wanted to play with the jeep on curvy roads... i will have to go back there with motorbike (and hotel room booking!)

back in AD at 11h20, shower, and a 3 hours nap...

And we will only remember the good...

see ya
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

YYZ
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by YYZ »

Iguana, you forgot to mention the wasps... hahah!

My next offroad vehicle is going to be a lexus!

I had alot of fun- thank you all for the superb company!

racha

Post by racha »

gr8 week end , gr8 weather looool

to tell the truth the group was gr8 and we had really fun

islam yes u must come and drive in the mountains u didn`t enjoy the curves :twisted: its really fun

and really no more camping untill october we are crazy , and it s horrible all these insects in the morning and the gohsts in the night :twisted: :oops:

thanks for the trip
<br>"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

thats the spirit, its awefully enjoyable :lol: i am sure ieveryone missed me alot 8)
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

some pictures have been posted on the gallery...
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

but you don't have to wait untill october, there is an area called Al Jabel Al Akhthat ( green mountin) it is above 1000m level from sea...
the tempreture there in the day is nearly 26- 27, in the night less than 20 c...
There's another jebel along the same mountain range from Jebel Akhdar, called Jebel Shams, which is the highest in Oman at close to 9000' AMSL. Its also got a camp/rest house/chalet kind of thing part way up.
Very nice in the summer time, and absolute spectacular scenery up there. Highly recommend it.

Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com