Floating in Sweihan Report

All reports about trips and events
Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Floating in Sweihan Report

Post by Uristier »

What a foating afternoon in Sweihan

9 out of 10 cars met at the Sweihan petrol station (almost) on time. One car must have flown to the meeting point making the way from Abu Dhabi to Sweihan in his FJ Cruiser in about 20 minutes!!! :roll: :roll:

We stopped for deflation and briefing outside Sweihan when the first stucks happen just before the deflation point – well done. :bravo: :bravo:

We started our (easy) drive for a short while until the radio voice stopped the convoy for a stuck. This was the beginning of a chain of minor and major stucks. This led me to choose an easier route through the dunes into the sabkah. No stucks in the sabkah but shortly back to the dunes the round dance re-started. This was the opportunity for the number 10 car – a “latie” to catch up with the convoy. :swimshark:

The number of stars could not keep up with the number of stucks and we managed to drive 10 km during the 3 hours drive. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh we found an excellent “camping spot”. Three cars gathered in a soft spot. This was the time for our dear chief Khaiwi. He demonstrated that a good driver can recover and car by driving a Prado, a Jeep and an FJ Cruiser out. Thank you Khaiwi for your demonstration and help. :woo: :woo: :woo:

At 6 o’clock we stopped for a well deserved “snack break” and a chat after which we decided returning to Sweihan on the track.

Thanks to everybody for joining this trip. Good company, enthusiastic diggers and lots of fun. Thank you as well for the good discipline – in the driving and the (an)use of the radio.

Cheers
Urs

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

:hit: It looks like an ANIT trip :lol:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

belbassiouni
Advanced
Advanced

Post by belbassiouni »

Thanks Urs thanks every one joined the trip :thankyou: :thankyou:
Nice to talk to you chief Khaiwi and sorry we were not much impressive as Intermediates. :oops: :oops:
Very civilized way of using radio no Jokes, no songs, and no discussion with non English language, I recommend that Radio protocol should be introduced on the newbies trips to keep communication free for trip instructions
Bahaa Elbassiouni
you can call me Bob
Mobile +1 (647) 836-8713/color]
Mercedes C 200 blue efficiency CGI 2011 with AMG kit .

Black *O||||||O* JK 2007 (manual), -
HotHead Headliners to cool the hard top, -

2.5" TeraFlex lift with Fox shocks, .
Bushwacker pocket style fender flares, -
Cooper STT 285x70R17 with M/T Classic II Special Edition rims, -
Gibson Performance Split Exhaust, and -
Garvin Wilderness Trail Rack
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

Tweety
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tweety »

Thank you Urs for the day out in the sand, it was not really a seccessfull day out, too many stucks and
also too many wrong decisions, everybody seems to know it better..... :hithit:
It's not important how many stars u have guys, they don't make of u a professional driver.....
Thanks Khaiwi to show us that it's not important what car u drive if you are a GOOD driver u can drive everything, it was great to
see u in action :twisted:

Guys don't run after the stars....just try to feel the sand under you...and to be one with your car....
Than u are ready for a new star.....ISA :wink:
be wise.... buy a Jeep

jc

Post by jc »

Tweety wrote:Thank you Urs for the day out in the sand, it was not really a seccessfull day out, too many stucks and
It's not important how many stars u have guys, they don't make of u a professional driver.....
Thanks Khaiwi to show us that it's not important what car u drive if you are a GOOD driver u can drive everything, it was great to

Guys don't run after the stars....just try to feel the sand under you...and to be one with your car....
Well said TWEETY :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Jax

Post by Jax »

Tweety wrote: It's not important how many stars u have guys, they don't make of u a professional driver.....

:iagree: Well said Tweety :bravo: :wink:

razer
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by razer »

Aah well, it was an interesting day nonetheless. Thank you Urs for organising.

We were all out there to do some "floating in Sweihan". But as luck would have it, it did become a stuck-fest in the end, but interesting stucks all the same.

Khaiwi showed us how human muscle sometimes can do a bit more than we think. And a bit of technique and understanding goes a long way in getting out of any situation. Very impressive. :bravo:

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Urs for the nice trip and a real great plan. Though we couldnt complete the route, the trip was definitly eventful, plenty of tricks to learn for whomever wants to learn.

I enjoyed it and had the pleasure to drive four cars other than my Papa Jeep hehehehe, Stock Wrangler, Liberty, FJ cruiser and a Prado.... Had to do Valet Parking service to our valuable members.

I hope that all those who witnessed are now convinced that the driver is what makes the huge difference when offroading, rather than the car in a percentage of 60% driver to 40% car. And Nessie I guess you are now convinced that your Jeep is just perfect and not underpowered.

It was surely a great pleasure for me to put names to faces and meet you all.

Look forward to more trips with you all soon.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Well said Tweety, from my deep heart I wish all the upgraded members to read & understand this once u got upgraded stop attending NewBies trips look for Your level and attend as much trips as u can, there u will learn more in more challenging routes & situations, everybody crying for Stars BUT R they ready for it ? they need to answer them self's this Q :?:
when a Marshal put his effort to arrange for Intermediate or Advance trip he keeps in his mind that the attendee r up to that fun of trip level it can be the same area where NewBies trip playground but also can be more difficult to a higher level depends on the way u tackle the dunes
The moral the S****** or the car cannot make u better driver
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

belbassiouni
Advanced
Advanced

Post by belbassiouni »

khaiwi wrote:Thank you Urs for the nice trip and a real great plan. Though we couldnt complete the route, the trip was definitly eventful, plenty of tricks to learn for whomever wants to learn.

I enjoyed it and had the pleasure to drive four cars other than my Papa Jeep hehehehe, Stock Wrangler, Liberty, FJ cruiser and a Prado.... Had to do Valet Parking service to our valuable members.

I hope that all those who witnessed are now convinced that the driver is what makes the huge difference when offroading, rather than the car in a percentage of 60% driver to 40% car. And Nessie I guess you are now convinced that your Jeep is just perfect and not underpowered.
It was surely a great pleasure for me to put names to faces and meet you all.

Look forward to more trips with you all soon.
Nessie I was having the same feeling when Doc Taught me that it is the driver not the car. This experience made me have confidence in my car and started changing my driving stile, again this trip our chief gave us all the same lesson and as tweety well said “need just try to feel the sand under you...and to be one with your car” it was grate learning trip for me and triggered many changes in my driving stile.

:cheers1: Every one
Bahaa Elbassiouni
you can call me Bob

belbassiouni
Advanced
Advanced

Post by belbassiouni »

Tweety wrote:Thank you Urs for the day out in the sand, it was not really a seccessfull day out, too many stucks and

:idea: :idea: :!: :?:
Bahaa Elbassiouni
you can call me Bob

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Where r the pics guys?????? :cry: :cry: :cry:

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Kat for the nice pics, more to come soon.