Abu Salaf Round II, 25-04-2008

All reports about trips and events
mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Abu Salaf Round II, 25-04-2008

Post by mike0967 »

We all met at 2:15 pm at the ADNOC Airport, everybody in time, thank you all for this.

After a short Hello and Chat with everybody we headed towards Abu Salaf deflation point, and went off to the sand after the safety briefing.

We started the drive with a small introduction on driving downhill slopes and repeated this in a circle training several times. Then we headed towards the truck road following the dunes until we reached one of the Camel Farms. Arriving there we changed our setup now with Tutan leading and me and Blackchallenge sweeping. We continued like this on a nice route chosen by Tutan until we reached the truck bridge. From there we went off to find a nice place for a chat and BBQ and Blackchallenge was leading us there. We had a nice chat together and went to the tarmac all inflating at the gas station were we happened to meet with Banna coming from the Sweihan Intermediates.

I must say it was the almost perfect trip today for me, you all did great and we enjoyed your company so much.

Special thanks go to Blackchellenge for sweeping, leading and assisting our new members. A big hand to Tutan for leading a good part of the trip, Tutan do not be shy, you are ready for it and I hope you announce your first trip soon.

Divewithyou, pleasure to meet you, take your Jeep out more often, think it hates to be parked the whole week. Soupdragon & Moonbear, you said you definately will come back to us, thank you, this is what we want ! Alex-is, this was your first complete trip, well done also, do not worry, it is your fathers car, he can take it :wink: Omar, great to see you again my friend, the Prado will do great, I am sure. Raed, also very well done, very calm and controlled all the way.

Thank you all again, you were all great today, and we hope to see you soon on another treat of :ad4x4:

Katharina & Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Blackchallenge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Blackchallenge »

Thank you very much mike for the nice trip Mike I really enjoyed it very much and I am sure everybody enjoyed it too.
Mike : Thank you for the nice route and the nice day.
Pleased to meet you David, Soupdragon & Moonbear.
Tutan: you did very good today in leading and sweeping.
Divewithyou : Thank you for the nice & funny chat and I hope to see you next Sat.
David: you are getting better and I think you are addicted to sand now :wink:
See you soon guys :heart:
Only Jeep Can Do It

divewithyou
Advanced
Advanced

Post by divewithyou »

Thank you very much Mike its my pleasure to met you too, I will try to use my Jeep during the week, :D :roll: I enjoyed the trip I gained excellent experience especially on tackling the stuck procedures.
Thank you very much Blacky I learned from you a lot of things about stuck. 8O
1. I understand how can I got stuck
2. Why I got stuck
3. Tackling the stuck
4. How to fit the shackles in both cars and rope
5. Where the position of recovery car should be
6. What the stuck driver should do while towing the car
7. When the stuck recovery operation finish
8. And finally where the co pilot driver should stand and the other cars too.

Thank you to every one

Blackchallenge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Blackchallenge »

divewithyou wrote:Thank you very much Mike its my pleasure to met you too, I will try to use my Jeep during the week, :D :roll: I enjoyed the trip I gained excellent experience especially on tackling the stuck procedures.
Thank you very much Blacky I learned from you a lot of things about stuck. 8O
1. I understand how can I got stuck
2. Why I got stuck
3. Tackling the stuck
4. How to fit the shackles in both cars and rope
5. Where the position of recovery car should be
6. What the stuck driver should do while towing the car
7. When the stuck recovery operation finish
8. And finally where the co pilot driver should stand and the other cars too.

Thank you to every one
You are Welcome anytime my dear friend you also tought me how to laugh :wink:
Only Jeep Can Do It

alex-is

Post by alex-is »

well i would like to give a big thank you to mike,tutan, and blackchallenge for all the help
i had so much fun it was great and i bigs thanks to tutan for gettin me stuck haha

thank you so much it was so much
cant wait to till the next trip :P :P :P :P

omar_kid77
Marshal
Marshal

Post by omar_kid77 »

Well guys first let me thank the trip leader my FRIEND Mike for the fantastic, great, amazing and relaxing trip; really I never drive in the desert like yesterday really I was driving in full confidant and very relaxing and the most important thing I learned yesterday how to deal with some dune when I am driving car with a manual gear.

Second its Blcky (RAJEH) turn, Thank you very much I learned from you a lot about the Mods and how to be installed.
Really it was my pleasure for me to meet you all and having the chat.

Guys please take care and drive safe,
Mike can't wait for the next trip.
It's not the car, it's the driver WHO can make it.
Omar Daoud 050 4120334

Sukilala

Post by Sukilala »

as being only the passenger on this trip a big thank you goes to all , for all the advice and help that was given to alex on his first trip,
it was an interesting route with some soft sand , and a few self recovery's and a recovery for the boy to learn from.

funny part was when he had been recovery he kept going but then started hearing noises from his dads car and started to panic thinking he had broken it but it was only the mudflap caught in the back wheel. :lol:

to mike , blackchallenge and tutan, thank you for everything you did to help on the day, and great to meet new people and hav a chat at the bbq area.

again thank you all [[ my boy is smiling from ear to ear,]]

Soupdragon

Post by Soupdragon »

Thanks to everyone for yesterday - brilliant trip and we can't wait for the next one.

To all three marshal's - thanks for being so patient with us newbies (& especially me!).

I think it was a great first trip - challenging but not off-putting.

Special thanks to Blackchallenge who was very, very helpful!

Tutan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tutan »

Thanks Mike for organising such a good trip, i can see from the posts so far that everyone enjoyed themselves.

I am sorry for causing you to get stuck Alex, but the more you get stuck the more you learn (ie you learn what not to do).

Thank you mike for persuading me to lead , it was interesting, and i enjoyed the fun. Sweeping from the rear is cool, but i think i am not so good at floating around in the middle, i think i have it in built in me to drive in a one line convoy, i think i will leave that job to those that are adept at it.

Thank you to all that came out and for Soup Dragon and Moonbear for feeding which was in exchange for me introducing them to their new past time !!!

See you all soon
Last edited by Tutan on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previous 4x4's
3' lifted, offset wheeled, LWB Jeep Cherokee XJ (really miss this monster)
Nissan xterra (don't miss this one)

HazeM

Post by HazeM »

Thank you guys for the fantastic trip, I really enjoyed it,
Special thanks for Mike, Tutan, Black fun, divewithyou.