Explorer

AUH Advance - NAHIL -Saturday afternoon 25.05.2024 05-25-2024

Post by Reji »

Convoy order:
Reji Mathew - Lead
Sunaif Powal - Second Lead
Alexandre Mertl - Part Second Lead
Dan Nicula (Explorer) - Sweeper / Lead

Initially, seven participants registered for the trip. However, the final count was reduced to four. Out of the four final registered members, three arrived on time or early. One driver was delayed by 10 minutes due to assisting a family with a blown tire on the road. After tire deflation and safety briefing with cresting technical tips, the convoy started around 4:15 PM. In the first half hour one vehicle overheated and had to be parked idle for some time. After cooling down, the vehicle continued with the convoy, avoiding the use of air conditioning to prevent further overheating. My vehicle hit a ditch, resulting in a minor power steering oil leak. I decided to hand over the convoy and requested Explorer Dan to take over as the lead. The vehicle with the initial overheating issue managed to continue without using air conditioning. About one hour into the drive, Dan's vehicle started making unusual sounds, which were only present when the four-wheel drive was engaged. After thorough checking, the convoy decided to turn back due to the issues faced. This decision was made around 6:10 PM.

Despite the challenges faced during the trip, the team displayed commendable teamwork and problem-solving skills. I look forward to our next drive and hope to see you all soon.

Reji

Sunaif POVVAL
Advanced
Advanced

Re: AUH Advance - NAHIL -Saturday afternoon 25.05.2024 05-25-2024

Post by Sunaif POVVAL »

Thank you reji bai and Alexander Dan it was nice strat unfortunately got some issues in the car I really want Thanks over sensor well Experienced led they take as drive and exit safely always give full help and support I'm so happy...I'm still remember my first drive with one offroad club-then I never go back after that I started with AD4X4 I learn how to drive in desert still now I'm her and enjoying...thanks to all😍🤝🙏

strocifer
Advanced
Advanced

Re: AUH Advance - NAHIL -Saturday afternoon 25.05.2024 05-25-2024

Post by strocifer »

Thanks for having organized this drive. It was shorter than expected due to the mechanical issues the convoy faced, but this is part of the game and fortunately everyone exit the desert safely.
Special thanks to Dan for having led me onto the dunes while the two others cars were stopped!