Newbi Bu Tais 27 Apr (convoy 2)

All reports about trips and events
Dirtdiver
Explorer
Explorer

Newbi Bu Tais 27 Apr (convoy 2)

Post by Dirtdiver »

Afte a wonderful night camping Zak and I met 11 drivers at Bu Tais gate egger to practice their newbie skills in the sand. We conducted a joint safety briefing then divided the group. I took the least experienced newbies and two intermediate drivers, and Zak took the rest.

Convoy 2
Dirtdiver **** 4Runner Lead
Sbrune ** wrangler 2nd lead
abdulhalim Tal * Wrangler
Pnarag * Land Cruiser
IUDDIN * Ford Ranger
levincis * FJ
darulaman77 ** FJ Sweeper

Knowing there was three other convoys out enjoying the sands of Bu Tais I decided to lead convoy 2 in a SW direction from the Bu Tais gate.

There's lots of grass everywhere from the recent rains and it is wonderful seeing all the green in the desert. We started snaking our way through the dunes warming up for the first kilometer or so then we started practicing our straight cresting. We started with some small crest and worked out way up to larger crest with high slipfaces. We had several stuck vehicles to include myself. Several got to practice their recovery skills. It was a wonderful morning and we ended on the UAO gatch at 11am as scheduled with convoy one right behind us. By the end of the trip everyone was maintaining control of their vehicles. I look forward to seeing everyone back in the sand soon.

Thanks, Zak, for tour support and allowing me to lead a newbie convoy. Thanks Simone for a great job as 2nd lead. Thanks Darulaman for keeping me updated on the convoy status. Thanks everyone for coming out. It was my pleasure to lead suck a wonderful group this morning.

Tim

Sbrune
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Newbi Bu Tais 27 Apr (convoy 2)

Post by Sbrune »

Thnks Tim for the amazing drive!!!
I brought my Father from Italy for him first time drive in the Desert. He really enjoy the run and the landscape in a smooth drive.
Thanks again for choosing a nice and smooth path!!!
See you in the sand!!!