Intermediate at Al Qudra

All reports about trips and events
Kayra
Marshal
Marshal

Intermediate at Al Qudra

Post by Kayra »

This morning we gathered at the deflation point in Al Qudra (3 trees) at 07:20.

Attendees of the trip in convoy order were:

Myself (lead)
Max (2nd lead)
Andrei
Arda (an advanced driver who is a friend of mine, joined as sweeper)

Sunil and Jalal informed me in the morning that they would not be able to attend.
After the safety briefing, we started the trip around 07:45.

I have not driven with Andrei before, so we headed to the nigh dunes near by to test our skills of side sloping. After few turns and warm up, we headed into the desert. For about, 2 hours we drove in the area between Al Qudra and Murqab. We mainly focused on controlling our vehicles in side slopes without drifting and gained experience of the soft and unforgiving Al Qudra dunes.

Both Maz and Andrei were impressive as Intermediate drivers.
Maz performed very well as 2nd Lead both in radio comms and in keeping the distance.
We had no stucks, except once with me, where I self recovered with the help of Maz and Arda.

It was an uneventful drive and it ended at 09:45 at the same point we started. We noticed too much plantation in the area we drove. For any friends who are planning a drive there I advise caution, as the excessive amount of plants makes the drive difficult and more technical that it normally already is.

Thanks Maz and Andrei for joining me this morning and I look forward to driving with you again soon.

Engin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Engin
LC71