Liwa exhaustive trip report

All reports about trips and events
khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Liwa exhaustive trip report

Post by khaiwi »

Trip theme was "Drive till you drop" and yessss it was.

Speachless is all I can say, what a day so much to say about the the trip.... am not good at telling stories, so I will leave it to others.

Left home 7am and returned next day 3am !!!!!! yeah It was 12 midnight when we were all at Liwa Adnoc Oasis having coffee for the drive back home...For me coffee and Redbull were useless I had to stop in Madinat zayed for 30 minutes sleep in my car hehehehehe, then continue my drive slowly being topless on a foggy road ;-)

I would call it stuck festival, allmost everybody got stuck number of times.... extremely soft sand spots, tricky areas etc, above all is the night drive ahhhh that is another level of adrinaline rush..... well it's LIWA that is like nothing else. The day was full of events and stories to be told by others.

A fun to all it was for sure, we had to take some tracks so we can reach Moreb hill fun site by sunset, but only 4 guys made it and had to return exploring a track to the point where others were stuck and bring them out.... "We leave no one behind"

I would like to thank all the members who joined me in this great great great trip, and look forward to future overnight trips there too.

Pictures will be loaded real soon.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

The best trip since I joined the club. What happens in Liwa...stays in Liwa. :lol:

I only got home by 530am. That fog was just sick. I pulled over 3 to 5 times, I don't remember because I was on auto pilot. suddenly I'm in my usual parking spot @ home, looked at the watch... 530.. with an Adnoc bag full of stuff I don't remember buying... :lol:
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Post by adiga »

Ten cars in and out safely.
Khaiwi
Adiga
Batal
Bulldozer
XJ
Ivan
H3
Abo Omar
G-Man
Tamer

What can I say? a very wonderful day,: none stop action, laughing, shouting(Bulldozer),getting stuck every 100 meter, what Annice family we belong to !

Some more experience to all of us ( never trust the sand) Specially Liwa, Teamwork is the best always, Be ready for every thing, always take a permission to stay the night out :wink: don't trust some members when they promise something :lol:

Thanks a lot to all the names mentioned above, you all rock Guys.
See you all very soon .
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

H3

Drive till you drop......Definately!

Post by H3 »

Thanks a million Khaiwi for the trip and all the rest of you guys that made the day one to remember. Amazing and eventfull just about sums it up, really enjoyed the challenges of the day and when the chips were down everyone pulled together to make sure we all got out safely. I'm putting the camp gear back in the car from now on though........ :lol:

Had to make a pitstop at ADNOC's Coffee Planet in Madinat Zayed around 1am and then drive through thick fog reaching home at some time after 2am, woke up on the sofa this morning briefly as my "better half" went to work and just about managed to wake up fully at lunchtime.

All in all a tough but great day out testing man and machine to their limits in some of the most tortuous terrain you could imagine.

Excellent!
HOAB Black Sheep Hummer Squadron Arabian Gulf Chapter

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Man, this a kick $$ trip, :suicide: trip :twisted: I mean in a good way, excellent trip, MORE MORE MORE, thanks Khaiwi and ev :twisted: ery one for this excellent trip.

It is my first time that i really felt that i drained all the power in my battries, really drive until u drop it was like that.

we need to do camping trip, we had so much fun laughing and chatting we need more.

Khaiwi, I guess the light saved our lifes :lol: :lol: :?:
Last edited by XJ on Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

[quote="adiga"].
,: none stop action, laughing,quo shouting(Bulldozer), .[/te]

:mrgreen: :twisted: :ann: :suicide:
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Sounds like an awesome trip guys, wish I could have been there. Looks like a full scale expedition, God knows what is going to happen to us out there next week :? :?
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

NiSSaN Day Out

Post by Bulldozer »

That was nice guys great weather nice company lovely team work, as the chief said NO one will be left behind, Started with FOG & endup with FOG, Liwa is Liwa will never change, lets do it in the new year during the MOR3B festival
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

H3

Re: NiSSaN Day Out

Post by H3 »

Bulldozer wrote:That was nice guys great weather nice company lovely team work, as the chief said NO one will be left behind, Started with FOG & endup with FOG, Liwa is Liwa will never change, lets do it in the new year during the MOR3B festival
Or as an old mate of mine, every weekend, :wink:
HOAB Black Sheep Hummer Squadron Arabian Gulf Chapter

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

HOW COME WE NEVER MET THERE GUYS :evil:

Thought we will meet somewhere in Liwa. I was with fun drive group and i really wish that we all met.

Anyways, glad you had lots of fun and hope we will arrange another one there soon :D

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

lol sounds like a great trip ...

Glad you all had a great time guys ... 8)

Batal
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Batal »

Thanks Khaiwi for the great time we pent in Liwa.

Sorry for being late in my feed back report, just woke up after the extensive long drive :lol:

As everybody said before it was a lovely trip and at the same time the longest ever may be in our club, we drove from 7am until next day 3am.

We had a wonderful time, a lot of jokes ,a lot of laughs, a lot of stucks & very good company.

See all soon

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

Wooohhhh ,,, hardly saved some energy to log in and write write a reply on that thread ..
Couldn't do that yesterday ,,,, slept all day long and couldn't go to work today ,, I caught cold yesterday .... Liwa got the gravy out of me and even out my car too the 4x4 low is not engaging properly ...
Felt at a point that Liwa doesn't want us to leave .... i got stuck in this trip (specially the night part of it) more than i got stuck the last year trips all combined ..... was fun though ...

Joined the GN fun drive camp at almost 11 p.m (i left home 6.30 AM:cry: ) ,,,, hardly found something to eat ... fixed the tents and slept like a kid in 10 seconds ...
I saw Sakura, Wolfgang, Desert Ghost and (Omar most prob) in the morning at the breakfast ,, didn't have enough energy to even call them , my throat was already infected and closed ... Glad to hear that u guys had fun ... sure u had a relaxing drive compared to ours.....

BTW ,, I'm ready to do it again next week :wink: ... I love your company guys

Thanks Khaiwi for the trip ,,, we all know that wasn't ur plan and all the changes were for the benefit of the club and its members ,,,, We appreciate that...

Thanks Bulldozer & Adiga for the coffee and the recovery too and a special thanks for you G-man for the loads with you (also appreciated buddy)...

Thanks all again for the great company,,, My co-pilot & I enjoyed it a lot (She had almost cried at the very end :D ) ... Thanks god the facilities was bearable at the camp or else (back to the city:) )...

:ad4x4:
Omar Kamel-Member # 007