LIWA (not) for beginers trip report

All reports about trips and events
Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

What a day you guys had at Liwa...i just feel happy that some newbiez got the chance to see and feel the real desert.

Usually when i get out with the other gangs (Non ad4x4 members), we do not less than 10 hours driving in Liwa. We just go around and target really BIG scary dunes.

Khaiwi, Liwa may not be for newbiez, but Hameem is.. Hameem is like 35 kms from Liwa dunes. It is difficult area, yet you may find flat and small dunes for beginners. Anyways, that might be planned for the future.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

True dear Desert Ghost,

In fact we started at Hameemm drove 15 km on track/gatch and started on sand heading to Liwa, but could't really move.

Anyway its a good experience to all, am happy to read the above feedback and look forward to seeing u all real soon.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Tutan
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tutan »

Thank you to Khaiw and all the other masrhalls for taking us to Liwa today. It was interesting to experience the different type of sand, and the views were great. Even if we didnt seem to progress that far.

As usual my car decided to get stuck on the stupidist of places. Really need to improve my decision making when it comes to where to stop when waiting for cars ahead.

I would also like to thank Jo for coming for a drive with me, and assisting me with my first recovery ! (i like to think that i also saved him from a divorce !!!)

Till next time..................
Previous 4x4's
3' lifted, offset wheeled, LWB Jeep Cherokee XJ (really miss this monster)
Nissan xterra (don't miss this one)

ppnath
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ppnath »

Thanks U Chief a nice trip with you and being patience of the lot stucks. This is my 2nd trip in Liwa desert in my life, enjoyed much, couldn't really achieve the targetted location as you said chief, also I managed not to get stuck within my little expereance was succesfully.

Riding behind Abu Omar got experiance even a short distance. Thanks Abu omar.

Thanks to all Marshals and memebers.

halwa

Post by halwa »

Although the deflation point was still in sight at the end of the day and a lot of siting around, it was still a good off roading trip. It was nice to meet all the new members and thanks to all the marshals who ensured we all had a safe and enjoyable day. Ps: Adiga thank you so mutch for taking my passenger - he had an exsperience of a life time and cant stop talking about the trip!!

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

No comments

Post by khaiwi »

Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Liwa Begginners from Advance level & above

Post by Bulldozer »

Khaiwi thats a good example of NewBie "Begginner" to take to Liwa, Thanks Chief, Thanks to all AD4x4 members who showed up for the trip, We lost couple of pounds for sure Adiga Mac thanks guys in the stucks & PoPcorn tyre I had, I think that our lovely members saw the edge of the real desert nothing much actualy Less than 200 meters, I love that sand BUT what to do GO home, It started with me so early when i lost both rear BumpStoppers & the Rubber spacers which restrict my manouvering with the car & put me in trouble, Tyre Popcorn during pulling me out of the whole endup with pwr steering pump dieing, directly to musaffah for sand removal from the tyre, car in the dealer shop for repairs
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Re: No comments

Post by Bulldozer »

[quote="khaiwi"]Image[/quot]

"ITs J33P thing, LR will never know" am I right Tweety
Last edited by Bulldozer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Re: No comments

Post by Desert Ghost »

khaiwi wrote:Image
MAN what a pic...i am not talking about the suck, but see how the sand is thrown away from sideways.

I never see this kinda pic in Musaffah :roll:

Mirz

Post by Mirz »

Thank you very much everyone - Kheiwi for arranging the trip, all the Marshals for putting us at ease by knowing that someone is there in case of trouble, and all the people who turned up.
I too would have loved to have made a little bit more progress in terms of distance covered and share the same feelings of letting go of the stunning landscape on the way back - but then - another day, another time, Inshallah....
We had a nice trip - Thank you all for making it happen.