Stairway to heven Trip Report

All reports about trips and events
Mpenzi

Stairway to heven Trip Report

Post by Mpenzi »

We started as two Cars ,Myself+ Family and Mac+Family where joinned latter by Diver+Family.
Beutiful day drive all the way to the norther Hatta mountain range went all the way up 800m above the sea level. We stopped for lunch before heading towards Wadi and Shawkat Dam where is drying up.
We had back toward the tunel and we finish day-one trip at Khor Kalba.
We set up the camp and Mac tried his new Tent which took just minutes to set it out. Then Diver and his family joinned us.

The BBQ was ready by 8:00pm and the evening was quite and the weather was absolutely nice.

Day two started with a swim and watching fishermen collect their net and they caught a lot of fish including 4 large sting Rays.
We drove through Fujeira to Friday markert where we bough some sweet oranges We stopped at Dhaid to see the progress of my FJ40. We drove past Schweib and back in Abu Dhabi by 3:30 pm.

Thanks Mac and Diver for joining the trip which I injoyed it very much.

Here are the few Picures.
Mac arrives on top of the stairway to heaven
Showkat Dam
Mac with his new tent ...Pop up
Few Adjustments
Wallahhhhh done
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Thanks Mpenzi for organising this trip, people don,t know what they missed, A stunning drive through the mountains descending in low gear 1 to save the brakes.
After stopping for the firewood we headed for the beach at Khor Kalba. The new pop up tent assembles in seconds but as Diver & Mpenzi will testify, it takes slightly longer to fold up back into the bag!!! But now I know how to do it. :lol: :lol:
As always the company was great and we had a really good campfire and relaxed BBQ, not much sleep due to the fishermen though!
Thanks again guys. Will post the pics in the Gallery.
Mac
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Thanks MAC & MPenzi, you left nothing for me to say :lol:

I left Abu Dhabi @ 2:30 heading towards Khor Kalba passing by Jebel Ali, then straight to Hatta & Oman where i crossed Badayer, and before i reach Oman gates, i turned in Howaylat towards the mountains for 52 kms drive and through the new tunnel before landing in Kalba, reaching the camp site @ 5:45 PM as planned to meet with MAC & MPenzi.

Great company, great weather, great BBQ. Thought i'll have a calm sleep, but thanks to the fishermen who kept talking from 3 AM till the morning, i only slept for 1 hour. Breakfast was continental on the Sea, Croissants, Jam, Cheese, Donuts & Tea. The drive back to Abu Dhabi was nice in the clouds. Looking forward to the next trip. Thanks guys.

PS: MAC, folding your tent was very easy, it only took 30 minutes :lol: :lol: :lol:

diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

I missed it!

.. but for sure I will be with you on the camping trips as soon as my car is back...

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

The trip and your company was great. Jo get you car fixed man There is Wahiba trip comming up :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com